As COVID-19 continues to impact our community, a coalition of philanthropy, government, educational, and business partners have come together to provide a collective response to COVID-19 in Midland County.
Organized by Midland Area Community Foundation and United Way of Midland County, the Midland County COVID-19 Coalition is:
- Working with 211 of Northeast Michigan to establish a centralized COVID-19 community resource landing page. Links will be released the week of March 23.
- Learning and investigating ways to fill funding gaps and support the community in partnership with health and human service agencies, school districts, businesses and municipalities.
- Maintaining regular communication among key stakeholders to ensure a unified response and eliminating duplication.
- Bringing stakeholders together to look at short- and long-term solutions.
- Investigating and working to fill volunteer needs in connection with United Way.
The newly formed COVID-19 Response Fund will be housed at the Community Foundation to meet both the emerging and long-term needs of our community.
“The COVID-19 Response Fund provides a single source to contribute to community-based organizations who help meet emergency needs,” said Sharon Mortensen, president of Midland Area Community Foundation. “Those who wish to give back in this time of great need will have a targeted way to help. By working collaboratively with United Way of Midland County, and the entire Midland County COVID-19 Coalition, we can best identify those short- and long-term needs and come alongside the community to fill the gaps together.”
The COVID-19 Response Fund is designed to complement the work of public health officials and expand our community’s capacity to address this unparalleled crisis.
“In unprecedented times such as these, coming together for creative solutions is vital,” said Holly Miller, executive director of United Way of Midland County. “We are honored to work alongside our community to reduce duplication, streamline communication, and make an even broader impact.”
If you would like to learn how you can help please contact the Midland Area Community Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-839-9661) or United Way of Midland County (email@example.com or 989-631-3670).
Midland County COVID-19 Coalition Partners:
• 211 Northeast Michigan
• City of Midland
• County of Midland
• MidMichigan Health
• Midland Area Community Foundation
• Midland Business Alliance
• Midland County Educational Service Agency
• Midland County Health Department
• Midland Public Schools
• United Way of Midland County