Nonprofit excellence creates increased impact.
United Way strives to strengthen nonprofits by providing capacity building services to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
We collaborate with businesses, universities, foundations, nonprofits and consultants to remove barriers and provide customized solutions across the region.
United Way of Midland County is a Great Lakes Bay Region Capacity Building Champion, providing cost share grants, trainings and coordination between nonprofits, funders and highly-vetted consultants.
We measure capacity. Through our best-practice assessment, nonprofits start with a capacity baseline and gains in specific skills can be measured over time.
Connecting nonprofits to people who share their time and talent.
- Connections to Volunteers
- Volunteer Project Management
- Skills Based Volunteers
- Board governance and Placement
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
Equipping nonprofits with training and resources to achieve their missions.
- Best Practice Workshops and Training Series
- Peer Learning Opportunities
- Staff Development Planning
- Personalized Training Solutions
Working with quality, vetted professionals from the nonprofit and for-profit sectors to provide high quality consulting to build next level success.
- One-On-One Consulting Projects
- Best Practice Outcomes Measures
- iCAT capacity measurement services
Consulting, guidance, training for your Board of Directors
- New and Potential Board Member Training Provided by a Certified Consultant
- Board Match Services
- Board Retreat Planning and Training
- Annual Board Development Plans